Aug 14-16, 2020
We are aware of, and constantly monitoring, the COVID-19 situation in the state of Illinois and the Chicagoland area. We will abide by all the recommendations from the CDC and state government. Our event participants’ health and safety is our number one priority and will keep everyone current on the status of the event and guidelines teams will need to adhere to as they are issued by the state government. No payments will be processed until August 1st. In the event of a cancellation where no games are played, teams will be receiving full refunds.
Hosted on some of Chicagoland’s best playing surfaces at the Waukegan Sports Park. This event annually draws many of the top clubs/teams as they begin their preparations for the new soccer year. Clubs will include many of the top-performing ECNL, DA, and USYS Championship Series representatives from around the country.
The Challenge Cup will feature as a College Showcase for ages U15-U18/19 attracting college programs from all across the country. For the first time in Challenge Cup history, the event will feature two NCAA Division I women’s soccer pre-season matches under the lights at the Turf Field:
Northwestern vs DePaul; Friday, August 14th
The application and registration process will be coordinated through the Total Global Sports system. With any technical help, please contact Kory Patterson at email@example.com
- US Club Soccer Sanctioned Event
- Non-US Club teams are welcomed and insured
- Cup Style Play
- U12-U14 (2009-2007) Girls
- U12-U14 (2009-2007) Boys
- College Showcase
- U15-U18/19 (2006-2003/02) Girls
- Cup Style Play
College Coaches List (Not Yet Available)
- U12-U14; 4 games guarantee $975
- U15-U19; 3 game College Showcase $1,175
- Game Duration:
- U12 [9v9] – 2×30 minute halves
- U13/U14 [11v11] – 2×35 minutes halves
- U15 and above – 2×40 minutes halves
- Team and Individual Awards presented to Champions and Runners Up for U12-U14 brackets only
- The Eclipse Select Spring Classic is a “stay-to-play” event for teams traveling from outside the area (club office 100 miles from tournament site). Contact Cindy at Cindy.Mochel@eclipseselect.org
- Waukegan Sports Park charges a $5 per car/per day entry fee to the facility
- THIS IS A FULL 3 DAY EVENT. ALL TEAMS MUST BE PREPARED TO PLAY FRIDAY AS EARLY AS 8 AM.
- Registration Deadline: Aug 1st, 2020*
- Accepted Teams/Brackets: August 2nd, 2020*
- Schedule Release Date: August 4th, 2020*
- Online Check-in Deadline: August 7th, 2020
*All deadlines/dates are subject to change at the discretion of the Tournament Director. All team admins will be notified of such changes if/when they occur.
Challenge Cup Sponsors
Please contact Patrick Kaindl with Challenge Cup 2020 Sponsorship Opportunities