Super Rec League (SRL)
Camino Total del Jugador: Phase 2
To bring Professional Soccer instruction from a nationally recognized program to the recreational level. All kids should have the opportunity to learn in a productive, fun environment. Our league will reduce the number of players on the field to increase the amount of time each player receives with the ball allowing them more opportunities for touches on the ball and learning during their time in the program.
This League is open to the public. Players from all other leagues and clubs are eligible to participate.
Annually, SRL will provide programs during 4 Seasons: Fall Outdoor, Fall Indoor, Winter Indoor, and Spring Outdoor.
Each season will be 6-10 weeks in length and includes:
- Weekly training from the Eclipse Select Coaching Staff
- Playing games weekly, normally Sunday afternoons
- Smaller Teams to ensure maximum playing time
- Game play will focus on asking players to “use the skills they are learning”
- Games will be in the small sided format:
- Ensures maximum touches
- Provide ample space for players to have success
- Players are spotlighted, compelled to be engaged, and have more FUN!
Principles and Benefits
- Psychologically, Emotionally and Developmentally appropriate.
- Training sessions that are age and time appropriate following a curriculum that is successful.
- Clear, concise, correct information with coaches that can demonstrate proper form.
- Coaches that are actively involved in the training session, participating while coaching.
- Properly equipped and knowledgeable staff.
- Sessions that build up from simple to complex to mastery.
- Most training activities involve one with a ball.
- No lines. No laps. No lectures.
- Safe and appropriate training areas.
- Lots of chances for individual decision making.
- Use of guided discovery and meaningful questions.
- Positive Coaching by a staff that understand the characteristics of young children.
- Equalizing challenges that allow each player the opportunity to be challenged and grow at their own ability.
Small Sided is Better
What makes small sided games better for younger players:
- High scoring and fast movement
- Each player touches the ball constantly
- Players’ learn the triangle
- Learn spacing and supporting shape
- Increase ball possession
- Build confidence to control the ball in tight spaces
- Enhance players’ speed of play
- Enhance players’ field vision
- Enhance players’ field awareness
- Quick substitutions, lots of playing time
- Increased number of game related decision-making opportunities
- Constant transition from attacking to defending situations