WEEK 12 2023 RUNDOWN – Eclipse Select Alumni
Playing in some of the most important games of the season this past weekend, our alumni did not back down from the challenge! Especially notable performances from the weekend came from junior Mia Sedgewick (Wilmette, IL.) and sophomore Scout Murray (Chicago, IL.) Making quite the impact in the latter half of the season, Sedgwick pushed her season record to 3 goals and 3 assists with a brace vs. Clark, as well as notching a goal and an assist in the Engineers’ last two conference victories – earning MIT the NEWMAC Championship title. Putting forth outstanding performances in Ohio’s last two matches, Murray notched back-to-back game-winners vs. Bowling Green and Kent State to help the team to their first-ever MAC Championship title. Making the victory even sweeter, Murray was also awarded the MAC Tournament MVP.
Sedgewick and the Engineers will host Rowan, the College of Mount St. Vincent for the first round of the 2023 DIII Women’s Soccer Championship at Steinbrenner Stadium on Saturday, November 11th at 10 a.m. CST, while Murray and the Bobcats will face Michigan State at DeMartin Stadium in the first round of the DI Championship Friday, November 10th at 6 p.m. EST.
— Ohio Soccer (@OhioWSoccer) November 3, 2023
— Ohio Soccer (@OhioWSoccer) November 5, 2023
Junior midfielder Hannah Bebar (Naperville, IL.) came up big for Harvard on their road to the Ivy League Championship – putting up the first goal for the Crimson in their 4-2 Semifinal win at Princeton, as well as notching an assist in their 3-0 Championship victory over Columbia. Along with claiming the Ivy League Title, Bebar was also named to the All-Tournament Team for her efforts. #4 seed Harvard will face Maine in the first round of the 2023 DI Women’s Soccer Championship at Jordan Field on Saturday, November 11th at 4 p.m. CST.
Sophomore forward Julia Simon (Wheaton, IL.) notched her third goal of the season Wednesday during the Billikens Atlantic 10 Semifinal match against Duquesne. Blasting the ball to the back of the net off a corner kick service in the 38th minute, Simon’s goal rounded out the scoring for the half before ending in a final victory of 5-0. SLU proceeded to win the championship match against La Salle Sunday with a score of 3-0, marking their 6th consecutive Atlantic 10 title. The 6 seeded Billikens will play Indiana in the first round of the 2023 DI Women’s Soccer Championship at Robert Hermann Stadium on Friday, November 10th at 7 p.m. CST.
Junior Morgan Fagan (Glencoe, IL.) notched a final goal on the season for Boston University in the Patriots League Semi-Final against Bucknell Thursday. Finding a loose ball in the box in the 89th minute, Fagan was able to get Boston on the board before ending in a final score of 1-3. The Terriers finished the 2023 season with a record of 7-7-6, with Fagan collecting a total of 4 goals and 2 assists.
Ariana Lombardi (Bourbonnais, IL.) rounded out her junior season this past week with a goal and assist in the Pioneers’ WIAC Semifinal victory over UW-Eau Claire. After tying the game at 1 with a corner kick service in the 67th minute, Lombardi capitalized on her own scoring opportunity just two minutes later to push Platteville to the Championship for the first time in program history. After a tough loss Saturday against UW-La Crosse, the Pioneers finished the season with a record of 10-3-5, with Lombardi collecting a total of 10 goals and 7 assists and being named to the All-WIAC Team.
Freshman defender Christine Erdman (Mokena, IL.) scored her first collegiate goal last Thursday in the Falcons’ MAC semifinal match against Ohio. Putting up a great freshman season at BGSU, Erdman played a total of 730 minutes and helped the team to a 10-6-2 record. Looking forward to seeing Christine continue to make an impact for the next three.
HANNAH BEBAR!!! WHAT A PLAY!
Jade Rose sets up Bebar for the equalizer!
— Harvard Women’s Soccer (@Harvard_WSoccer) November 3, 2023
39’ | SLU 3 , DUQ 0 | BILLIKENS GOAL!
— Saint Louis Women’s Soccer (@SLUWSoccer) November 2, 2023
— BU Women’s Soccer (@TerrierWSOC) November 3, 2023
- Hannah Bebar (Harvard University) Ivy League All-Tournament Team
- Lauren Boafo (Western Michigan University) MAC Goalkeeper of the Year
- Tommy Coughlin (University of Green Bay) Horizon League Second Team
- Gandhi Cruz (Depaul University) All-BIG EAST Third Team
- Yulexi Diaz (University of Illinois at Chicago) Missouri Valley All-Conference Second Team
- Ingrid Falls (Northwestern University) Big Ten Sportsmanship Award Recipient
- Kate Flynn (Washington University-St. Louis) UAA Fall Academic All-Conference team
- Taylor Green (Bowling Green State University) MAC All-Freshman Team
- Abby Kalou (Lesley University) North Atlantic Conference First Team
- Ella Koleno (Washington University-St. Louis) UAA Fall Academic All-Conference team
- Bela Labovic (University of west Florida) All-GSC Second Team
- Arianna Lombardi (University of Wisconsin-Platteville) All-WIAC First Team
- Scout Murray (Ohio University) MAC Tournament MVP, All-MAC Tournament Team
- Bella Najera (Michigan State University) Big Ten Freshman of the Year
- Emma Phillips (Northwestern University) Third-Team All Big Ten
- Xcaret Pineda (Oklahoma State University) All-Big 12 Second Team
- Allison Rapaduski (University of North Dakota) All-Summit League Honorable Mention
- Sadie Sterbenz (Middle Tennessee University) Conference USA All-Freshman Team
- Kiki Van Zanten (Notre Dame University) First Team All-ACC
- Mimi Van Zanten (Florida State University) ACC All-Freshman Team
- Nov. 8 Men’s MVC Semifinal – UIC vs Missouri State
- Nov. 8 Men’s MAC Quarterfinal – NIU vs Western Michigan
- Nov. 8 Women’s RMAC Semifinal – Colorado School of Mines vs Regis University
- Nov. 9 Women’s Cal Pac Semifinal- USK vs University of California, Merced
- Nov. 9 Men’s Horizon League Championship – University of Green Bay vs IUPUI
- Nov. 10 Florida State University vs Morehead State University
- Nov. 10 Michigan State University vs Ohio University
- Nov. 10 Saint Louis University vs Indiana University
- Nov. 10 University of Iowa vs Bucknell University
- Nov. 10 Florida Gulf Coast University vs Texas Tech
- Nov. 10 University of Wisconsin vs University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Nov. 11 University of Notre Dame vs Valparaiso University
- Nov. 11 Brown University vs Quinnipiac University
- Nov. 11 Xavier University vs University of Tennessee-Knoxville
- Nov. 11 Dominican University vs Kenyon College
- Nov. 11 Washington University St. Louis vs Maryville (TN)
- Nov. 11 Ohio State University vs University of Pittsburgh
- Nov. 11 Case Western Reserve University vs Grove City
- Nov. 11 Sewanee University of the South vs Hanover
- Nov. 11 MIT vs CMSV
- Nov. 12 Men’s GLIAC Championship – Purdue Northwest University vs Saginaw Valley
Over 100 Eclipse Select Soccer Club alumni, both male and female, are rostered across every level of college soccer at Division I, II, III, and NAIA. There are 34 alumni designated as freshmen in their first year of college. The remaining includes 31 sophomores, 36 juniors, 19 seniors, and one graduate student with an additional year of eligibility.