The Eclipse Promise: Stand With US; Black Lives Matter
Our heart is broken for everyone affected by recent events caused by senseless violence directed towards the innocent. We mourn the unjust deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and countless others before them. Black Lives Matter. Stand with us to strive for peace for all humanity.
Educate. Elevate. Engage. Let’s stay informed of the issues at hand. Let’s openly listen and have constructive dialogue even though it may be difficult and uncomfortable. Let’s all take part in making a difference.
Below are resources to aid in social justice issues education for adults and for children. Knowledge is power.
The players, families, staff, and our community are our “Family.” Eclipse Select Soccer Club will first and foremost always be “Dedicated to Family.”
- Baratunde Thurston | How to deconstruct racism, one headline at a time
- Bryan Stevenson | We need to talk about an injustice
Books for Adults
- How to Be An AntiRacist by Ibram X. Kendi
- White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
- I’m Still Here–Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- NY Times Anti-Racist Reading List
Books for Kids
- A Kids Book About Racism by Jelani Memory
- Social Justice Book Recommendations based on grade
- Amazon Best Sellers for Books about Prejudice and Racism
How to talk to your children about race