Eclipse Select Writes Letters to the Elderly
”Win the heart of an elder with a thoughtful letter and be entered into a drawing to win a prize!”
Everyone has been impacted by social distancing. The largest group impacted currently by this are the elderly. Many are alone and in isolation during this time.
We want them to know that they are not alone.
We will be sending handwritten letters to encourage them.
We are asking all Eclipse Select players to contribute letters to “Love For The Elderly” and their “Letters of Love” campaign.
Visit lovefortheelderly.org to learn more about their organization and where your letters will go.
The plan is for players to make a card and/or write a letter (or more) to an elder. Tell them about yourself, include a joke, or a riddle, and let them know that they are loved.
Your letter will make a difference in bringing great encouragement and joy in a time of need.
See guidelines: (click HERE for more information)
- Letters must be legible (large print) and handwritten.
- Avoid religion. Please refrain from including anything religious in your letters.
- Exclude the date (day, month, and year).
- Embrace creativity! Recipients love it when the letters are personal.
- Be kind and thoughtful (more than talking about yourself).
- Envelope your letters if you can! It’s much nicer to open up a card in an envelope. If you’re sending more than 1 letter, leave your enveloped letters unsealed and unstamped and put them in a larger envelope to send.
- Share your act of kindness! Post photos of your letter writing and tag @love4theelderly and hashtag #lettertoanelderday AND us @eclipseselectsc to be entered into a weekly drawing for a chance to WIN ADIDAS PRIZES!
- Send them as many cards as you’d like! Address and send your letters to the P. O. Box below
Love For The Elderly
P. O. Box 24248
Cleveland, OH 44124