25 ECLIPSE ALUMNAE TO PLAY IN THE 2018 WOMEN’S COLLEGE CUP
Alumnae in Division I and III have advanced to the Women’s Soccer National Championship tournament.
OAK BROOK, ILL (Nov. 6, 2018) – 25 Eclipse Select alumnae have advanced to the 2018 Women’s College Cup to be played this November and into December. The former members of the club are featured across 15 different collegiate programs in Divisions I and III of the NCAA.
Two Division I programs with eclipse alumna earned automatic bids into the postseason by way of winning their conference tournament. Loyola-Chicago’s (11-6-1, NR, MVC) Radhika Patel (Darien, Ill.) and Gopika Patel (Darien, Ill.) won the Missouri Valley Conference Championship with a dramatic 3-2 comeback victory over Drake. With the title, the Ramblers drew No. 5 Florida State in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Milwaukee’s (16-1-1, NR, Horizon League) Gaby Schwartz (Chicago, Ill.) was crowned as Horizon League Champions winning 1-0 over Cleveland State. The Panthers will travel to play No. 7 Santa Clara in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
Washington University in St. Louis’ (17-0-0, No. 1, UAA) Gabbie Cesarone (St. Charles, Ill.) and Caroline Dempsey (Lincolnshire, Ill.) helped the Grizzly’s to a UAA championship in Division III. WashU finished the regular season with a perfect record. They will play Westminster (Mo.) in the first round of the Division III tournament.
The remaining 12 programs and 20 players earned at-large bids from the NCAA due to their regular season resumes. These teams and players included the following:
Auburn (12-5-2, NR, SEC)
- Sarah Le Beau (Crystal Lake, Ill.)
Duke (14-3-2, No. 9, ACC)
- Chelsea Burn (Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Kayla McCoy (Lincolnwood, Ill.)
North Carolina (17-3-1, No. 3, ACC)
- Zoe Redei (Highland Park, Ill.)
Northwestern (10-4-4, NR, Big Ten)
- Abby Dein (Glenview, Ill.)
- Aspyn Repp (Lake Bluff, Ill.)
- Hannah Davison (Geneva, Ill.)
- Kayla Sharples (Naperville, Ill.)
Ohio State (9-5-4, NR, Big Ten)
- Brynn Miller (Saint Charles, Ill.)
Ole Miss. (12-7-1, NR, SEC)
- Channing Foster (Murray, Ky.)
Penn. State (15-5-1, No. 14, Big Ten)
- Caitlin Haislip (Munster, Ind.)
- Kerry Abello (Batavia, Ill.)
South Carolina (13-5-1, No. 18, SEC)
- Rebecca Koch (Cary Grove, Ill.)
- Tatumn Milazzo (Orland Park, Ill.)
Tennessee (13-2-3, No. 10, SEC)
- Jamie Goralski (Naperville, Ill.)
- Maya Neal (Naperville, Ill.)
Virginia (15-4-0, No. 12, ACC)
- Alissa Gorzak (Naperville, Ill.)
Wisconsin (12-3-4, No. 23, Big Ten)
- Camryn Biegalski (Lombard, Ill.)
University of Chicago (13-4-1, No. 22, UAA)
- Katie Sadera (Northfield, Ill.)
- Madison Navarro (Elmhurst, Ill.)
The first-round games of the NCAA tournament are to be played this weekend, Nov. 9-11 with the semifinals on Nov. 30 and the National Championship on Dec. 2. The Division I final weekend will be held in Cary, N.C. while the Division III bracket culmination will be held in Greensboro, N.C.